Tuesday 11 February 2014

Essay on - 'Discuss the need of media regulation'

TIme allowed - 1hr
Time spent on 50 mark question - 30 mins
One side of argument completed.

In todays media lesson, we had planned and written an essay on.. 'Discuss the need of media regulation'.
I enjoyed this essay as it allowed me to express my thoughts and opinions to regulation. I stated that its not only film regulation but takes place over other media institutions such as newspapers. I had also talked about different media regulating companies such as the BBFC and the BCC and a bit about them.

We had then peer marked our exam question using a grading criteria. We had then explained what went well and what would have been better. Knowing that we had half an hour to do a 50 mark question, limited my knowledge in the question of arguing against regulation. during the second part of my essay I would have spoken about pluralists; selective filtering theory and the gratification theory and explain the exemptions of media regulation. Content, distribution and ownership.

What went well- Good use of examples of cases and theories. Opinions were expressed clearly.

Even better if- Speak more about past and future and also either side of argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment